Senior Specialty Marketer
- Chilliwack, Canada
As a Marketing Broker specializing in Hospitality, you will work in collaboration with the Production team to strategize, develop and market new and renewal business for our clients with a focus in Hospitality and large property placement. We are seeking an individual who has an exceptional understanding of the insurance marketplace and will be able to build and maintain good working relationships with insurance carriers and seek new solutions in the Hospitality space
You would be joining our rapidly growing Marketing Division and would be instrumental in helping build an innovative, client-focused approach and culture. Choose a career with HUB and create a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and celebrated success.
HUB INTERNATIONAL - FIND YOUR PASSION
Career development and advancement is important to you, and to us. As the largest insurance broker in Canada, and 5th largest broker worldwide, HUB is growing by 15% each year on average, positioning you for longevity and success.
We've developed a friendly, passionate and entrepreneurial-focused culture, allowing you to share and learn alongside your fellow experts and colleagues. We offer in-house educational development as well as paid educational opportunities, so that you can further develop your leadership skillset and industry knowledge.
To support your career at HUB, our flexible benefits plan allows you to choose the benefits make sense for you, your family and your lifestyle.
As a Marketing Broker, you will:
- Co-ordinate, plan and develop marketing initiatives for our clients
- Provide producers and CSO with marketing support for HUB Top 200 and other regional Stewardship accounts as required.
- Offer support to producers in terms of market availability, coverage's available, and interpretations of wordings.
- Work with Producers to develop niche markets and programs and implement same as required.
- Fully understand our existing programs and products.
- Be fully familiar with wordings and the subtle differences between markets.
- Maintain communication with our Key carriers and help to co-ordinate capacity and support with regards to Hospitality.
- Attend & participate in company meetings as required.
- Negotiate terms for new business, renewals with insurance carriers
- Gather and organize the information provided by Account Executives, Producers, internet and other sources to facilitate the renewal and new business submissions
- Provide recommendations on ongoing coverage enhancements
- Ongoing monitoring of the insurance marketplace. Maintains a current database of changing company "appetites"
As the successful candidate, you will bring:
- Active role in furthering education with courses and seminars.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with and interpreting insurance policies
- Experience in Hospitality or Large/complex property underwriting or placement an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team based environment as well as independently
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to make quick decisive confident decisions.
- A Level 2 General Insurance License
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial, Hospitality or Underwriting divisions
- Preference given to those with a recognized industry certification/designation (CAIB, CIP, CRM) or working toward designation or have taken relevant underwriting courses.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel.
- Strong experience using MS Office suite.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation with industry-leading benefits for you and your family.
- NEW! Flexible health, dental and lifestyle benefit options
- Comprehensive tuition financing
- Support for your career-related training and development.
- Career advancement for you in the growing insurance industry.
- A place to belong, where your ideas matter, and values drive decisions.
- An empowering environment where you will be provided with the right tools and support to deliver exceptional client service.
Entrepreneurship - We encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking.
Integrity - We do the right thing, every time.
Teamwork - We work together to maximize results.
Accountability - We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
Service - We serve our customers, communities and colleagues.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference. We invite you to learn more about
our team at www.hubinternational.com.
Required Experience: 5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Insurance designation or secondary education
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top