Senior Risk Consultant
About HUB International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is a top-10 global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 500 offices throughout North America, HUB is dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
About the Position
The Senior Risk Consultant will develop and implement safety, regulatory and best practice risk reduction programs for our clients. This individual will work within the HUB Risk Services Division, alongside board-certified and degreed safety, security, property, environmental and integrated absence management professionals with experience in a variety of industries. This position will be based in our Bothell, WA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level service to clients in our Northwest Region (Washington, Oregon, Alaska), while providing support to additional clients in the US and Canada as needed.
- Consult with clients to understand needs and objectives
- Develop custom solutions and advise clients on best practices in risk mitigation and safety management strategies
- Implement programs using generally accepted project management and consulting practices
- Conduct management and employee training sessions for clients as needed
- Conduct loss analysis and trending to identify client focus areas
- Perform audits and assessments at client sites
- Develop and manage relationships with insurance carrier and vendor partners
- Provide oversight of insurance carrier activities on client's behalf
- 7+ years of experience as a safety, risk and/or loss control consultant in the insurance broker or carrier environments, or as a safety manager/director in private industry
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, occupational safety, engineering or related discipline is desired
- Completion of (or progression towards) professional designations such as the Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Directory of Safety (CDS) and/or Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) is desirable
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and/or DOT requirements is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary (travel can be up to 25%)
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top