Senior Risk and Compliance Specialist
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 6th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 11,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position:
The Senior Risk and Compliance Specialist supports the growth of the Compliance and Governance business unit within Information Security by being responsible for supporting development, monitoring and maintenance of an Enterprise Risk Program designed to ensure that the Company achieves optimum compliance with all regulatory requirements. The Senior Risk and Compliance Specialist will be part customer/client facing and part internal governance maturing the Audit, Compliance and security controls within the organization.
- Manage, maintain and improve the compliance management of internal controls to meet internal and external compliance SOC2 and ISO 27001 security requirements.
- Work directly with regional business owners to complete and respond to customer/client due diligence questionnaires.
- Assist in the preparation and review of annual narratives for each HUB region.
- Capture information from the regions in order to create documentation of the region's key operational and/or compliance processes, risks, and controls
- Develop and manage tools to support tracking departmental activities and reporting metrics, such as RFPs, customer due diligence activities, and regulatory requests.
- Evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of key controls identified and provide control enhancement recommendations as appropriate
- Assist with tracking audit exceptions for all audits performed.
- Contribute to other risk management activities, which may include exception monitoring and tracking, vendor viability assessments, and other special projects as needed
- Minimum BA/BS or equivalent work experience in audit, security assurance, management information systems or a related field preferred.
- Process expertise in GRC areas e.g. risk management, compliance & regulation, controls automation, continuous controls monitoring and security.
- Experience with audit preparation or equivalent education desired
- Understanding of IT environments, risk, and assessment and auditing methodologies
- Have a strong working knowledge of some or all of ISO27001, SSAE16/18, Infosec standards, GDPR, ITIL, Cyber essentials.
- Ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups (strong planning, organization and project management skills)
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity; sound judgment in resolving matters of high complexity
- Ability to prioritize assigned work and complete activities in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio and Outlook
- Experience with GRC software (e.g. Archer, ProcessUnity)
- Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of working time.
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 5-Dec-2018
Department: Information Security
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top