Senior Manager-Networking and Telecom
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions. The company is headquartered in Chicago and is currently owned by Hellman & Friedman.
The Senior Manager, Network and Telecom is responsible for the overall management and performance of the enterprise network and telecom infrastructure. Analyzes the network and telecommunications infrastructure and recommends upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future needs; maintains relationships with Network and Telecom managed service vendors. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Conducts annual staff performance reviews. Responsible for establishing goals for the department and supervised staff of 7 personnel and contractors. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
MAJOR DUTIES: Senior Manager, Network and Telecom
- Report to the Director of Service Delivery and Transformation, this person will oversee HUB's network and telecom infrastructure
- Ensure Telecom infrastructure is being administered and managed effectively.
- Work with vendors on SLAs, procedures, technology, and migrations.
- Define work processes and procedures to ensure availability, support and stability of the environment.
- Communicates with Business and Managed Services on Telecom needs
- Recommends networking and telecom related hardware, software, and services.
- Provides documentation for all phases as required by assigned projects
- Participates in various support reviews (requests, change orders) and brings follow-up action items to closure in a timely manner
- Provides immediate escalation support for problems escalated from the Network Administrator and Engineer
- Works with team to provides high level design in projects, including upgrades, acquisitions, and migrations
- Interacts with other Operations management and Senior personnel to resolve issues
- Defines plans for future growth and Enterprise demand
- Maintains a working knowledge of their field, advises the Director of current trends relating to the Networking and Telecom environment or available products
- Defines and enforces best practices and implementations on the Enterprise
- Performs a variety technology related tasks, as assigned by the Director
- Complete all tasks within assigned schedule and budget while maintaining a high level of quality
- Identify and communicate problems that affect progress to the team
- Resolve, or seek resolution to problems, from peers, immediate manager, or other Operations personnel
- Maintain a positive work attitude, a high level of communication and cordial relations that foster team work
- Resolves requests or change orders in timely fashion
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of network and telecom infrastructure Cisco, Avaya, Brocade, ASA Firewall, VLAN, WiFi, switch, and overall network technologies
- Demonstrable experience in leading virtual and vendor partner teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Deep understanding of Operations and "run" aspects of IT, for back-end systems and end-user technology
- Proven relationship management skills including the ability to work collaboratively with end-users and executive leaders
- Ability to partner with and collaboratively drive accountability with vendors and our internal teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and collaboration skills incorporating the ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify issues and risks and work with Hub stakeholders for resolution
- Possess shared vision and values that create culture of customer service, accountability, capability building
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 10 years (or 15 plus years equivalent) in of experience in leading network and/or telecom operations and engineering teams. With at least 5 years in lead/supervisory role
- Expert knowledge of Networking equipment
- Strong knowledge of Avaya Phone Systems
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall, Cisco switches and routers, and Brocade switches
- Expert trouble shooting skills, using a variety of network troubleshooting tools
- Demonstrated ability to show progress in process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to oversee network managed service providers
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and other MS Office products
- Insurance background a plus
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top