Senior Manager - Client Analytics
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
Candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating multiple internal and external client facing projects needs in the data & analytics space; responsible for the requirements gathering, planning, controlling, development, rollout, maintenance and reporting of the projects, and for the management of internal and external client facing analytics, and execution of the approved projects, and resource management. The candidate needs to have an expertise in insurance or financial services, analytics & machine learning in business & technologies to conduct productive communication with internal business / production teams and external client users, provide project planning and tracking and total project management. The individual must be able to develop excellent client relationships as well as having strong team building and relationship skills.
Our company will require that the Senior Manager - Client Analytics manage all organization-wide internal and external client facing analytical reporting activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality, enrichment, setting data & reporting standards on client analytics and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to the HUB enterprise data analytics framework for internal and external client reporting, analytics, data science / machine learning, data policies, standards, practices and procedures, both at the department and business and functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
Senior Manager - Client Analytics serves as a point of escalation for data & analytics governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience implementing or working with analytics tools and capabilities
- Experience in insurance or financial services a plus
- Experience in participating ininternal and external client facingsettings for analysis sessions with the business / senior management community / external clients to capture, defineanalyticsrequirements clearly, completely and correctly
- Experience in Microsoft
s stack a must i.e.Power BI, SSRS, Power Pivot etc.</li> <li>Experience in machine learning tools and capabilities a plusi.e., SQL skills, R, Machine Learning, Python</li> <li>Development of detailed project management plan and schedule</li> <li>Development and tracking of work breakdown structure, and capacity planning</li> <li>Monitoring progress in terms of scope, schedule and budget; monitoring accomplished vs. planned tasks</li> <li>Conducting risk assessment and mitigation, issue escalation and resolution</li> <li>Performing Staff and/or Consultants planning and assignments</li> <li>Reporting Status, creating Project Management status report dashboards or scorecards</li> <li>Working closely with Architecture & Development, Machine Learning, BI and Data Warehouse functional managers by building a strong rapport and guiding through the BI Applications process</li> <li>Understanding of data modelling, reporting, ad-hoc analysis, and the creation of benchmarks, insights and general reporting</li> <li>Understanding of MDM solutions: operational and analytical, knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures</li> <li>Worked with third party data enrichment services a plus</li> <li>Experience in delivering quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities</li> <li>Experienced in working well with the cross functional team to meet project milestones, manage client satisfaction and mentor others on the team</li> </ul> <br><strong>Other qualifications</strong><br> <ul> <li>7+years of Business and/or IT experience.</li> <li>7+years working on BI/DW/MDM projects.</li> <li>Strong background in project methodology (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).</li> <li>PMP certification is a plus, but not required.</li> <li>5+ years of experience in project management of small and medium teams</li> <li>Knowledge of database, data integration, and Data & Analytics / MDM products.</li> <li>Experience working with Microsofts BI Stack, SQL skills, R, Machine Learning, Python capabilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to execute effectively on the agreed upon decisions
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work effectively on multiple priorities with firm deliverable dates.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred
- Develop and gain support on the enterprise wide analytics capabilities & reporting
- Participate in analysis sessions with the user community to capture, analytical needs, define data requirements clearly, business rules, and logic completely and correctly
- Define project scope, objectives and requirements and own the project plan, schedule, budget, resource management, vendor management, issues and risks.
- Manage the delivery of analytical multiple projects concurrently that have moderate to high levels of business or technical complexity and risk, and that involve multiple business areas and owners.
- Manage dependencies and impacts with other teams and business functions.
- Be accountable to ensure project commitments and deliverables are met.
- Interact daily with development teams, QA, business analysts, functional managers, support teams, cross-functional business teams and global process owners to develop the overall program plans, schedules and ensure the smooth delivery of the business solution and all deliverables.
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 5-Jun-2018
Department: Information Technology
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top