Senior Internal Auditor
- Chicago, IL
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions
Internal Audit provides assurance and advisory services to ensure Hub International is effectively mitigating critical business risks. The role of the Senior Internal Auditor is to lead and deliver audit and advisory projects, including evaluations to ensure business units are in compliance with GAAP, corporate policies, contractual agreements and external regulations. Internal Auditors are also expected to have a high degree of familiarity with the external financial audit process and will lead Internal Audit's direct assistance activities with its external auditors. Internal Auditors will be expected to develop an understanding of the M&A strategy and transaction cycle in order to effectively audit post-acquisition financial statements and performance payments, and to provide other ad hoc transaction support. The ideal candidate will be able to rely on experience and judgment to manage and accomplish the goals of multiple projects concurrently, have a strong desire to improve processes by leveraging data and information systems, and possess a strong sense of creativity and flexibility toward meeting objectives.
- Lead in the planning and execution of financial and operational internal audits. This consists of risk-based reviews over financial reporting, operational and regulatory risks and evaluation of the internal control environment.
- Provide direct assistance to the external audit firm in connection with the annual financial audit.
- Review contingent payment calculations (earnouts, working capital adjustments, etc.) related to acquisitions to ensure compliance with contractual terms.
- Work and communicate directly with corporate and regional finance and accounting leadership in a high-visibility position.
- Prepare and deliver audit reports over the aforementioned responsibilities to executive management.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the accounting, finance, and M&A departments for special projects as necessary.
- Travel Estimated at 15-25% - USA and Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-4 years of experience from a nationally recognized public accounting firm preferred.
- CPA / CIA credential preferred.
- Strong understanding of internal controls, major business processes, and audit strategies to test these processes.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion, Hyperion, Smart View, Business Intelligence or other enterprise accounting and financial information systems is a plus.
- Insurance or insurance brokerage industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects both in a group and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to implement automated and technological solutions to audit, financial and accounting processes.
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top