Senior Financial Analyst
HUB International's vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry HUB International continues to grow and we are looking for a Financial Analyst. This role will be based in Oakville, Ontario and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management Team, this position reports to the Finance Manager.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
• Responsible for preparation of financial statements for assigned client group
• Implement new reporting requirements as requested by management
• Monthly variance analysis and results presentation to management team
• Budget preparation and forecasting
• Research, identify, and communicate key variances relating to financial and operational metrics
• Create, organize and maintains files using database and spreadsheet programs
• Reconciliations of various sub ledgers to general ledger
• Assist local accounting staff with billing issues as required
• Miscellaneous Ad Hoc Analysis as required
The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented individual who possesses a strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and is able to perform well in a team oriented work environment.
• College Diploma in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
• Strong accounting and bookkeeping skills.
• 3 years of financial analysis work experience
• Highly motivated with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication, analytical, research and follow through skills.
• Accounting designation an asset - CPA, CMA, CGA (or working towards)
• Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel (Advanced Level) and Outlook
• Experience with insurance systems and Hyperion an asset
• Related insurance experience an asset.
• Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
• Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
• Integrity - doing things right every time
• Teamwork - working together to maximize results
• Discipline - focused on goals
• Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
• Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Location: Canada, Ontario, Oakville
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 28-Sep-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
Back to top