Senior Enterprise Architect
- Chicago, IL
The Sr. Enterprise Architect will play an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the company's technology strategy and processes. The role also supports digital transformation by facilitating the formation and implementation of HUB's future state digital strategy and design. The Sr. Enterprise Architect will report into the CTO organization as part of the enterprise architecture and design team.
The Sr. Enterprise Architect will partner with the technology teams and multiple businesses across the HUB to analyze various use cases and recommend enterprise solutions that aligned with HUB Technology Strategy and industry best practices. In particular, this role will contribute to laying the foundation of future state enterprise platform capabilities across HUB International. This role will also lead various innovation efforts as HUB moves to serve our clients in additional ways in the future state digital environment.
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions
- Assesses the current IT environment and collaborates in the development a future-state IT architecture
- Leads the design and modeling of tactical architectures for delivery, development, and support of projects
- Leads the design and management of reference architectures
- Partners with other solution architects to provide scalable and adaptable architectural solutions
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent technology framework applied across the company
- Promotes the use of a shared infrastructure and application roadmap to reduce costs and improve information flows
- Manages and facilitates an architecture review board to evaluate project proposals for architectural fit
- Circulates roadmaps to align IT priorities with business partner needs
- Collaborates in building the long-term strategic roadmap for all technology systems architecture in line with business priorities and objectives
- Maintains a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information and technology assets
- Partners with senior technology staff and business leaders to act as an advisor to technology strategy planning efforts
- Helps business leaders clarify their objectives and expectations for technological innovation efforts
- Facilitates digital strategy decisions through consulting and support in execution
- Introduces and accelerates new technologies and methodologies to support digital transformation
- Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refreshes and hype
- Ability to drive business culture and technology change in a dynamic environment
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology
- Knowledge of architectural design frameworks, integration frameworks, and patterns
- Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, an equivalent amount of work experience will be considered
- Experience building strategic technology plans and roadmaps
- Extensive experience with enteprrise architecture roadmap, governance, and lead architecture review board.
- Experience working with EA tools like LeanIX, Mega, Abacus etc.
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex solutions
- Demonstrated experience with business process and performance modeling, benchmarking, and financial analysis
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to enable future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive targeted business outcomes
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Team player and collaborative
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top