Senior Claims Consultant, Workers Compensation
- Chicago, IL
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Working within the Claims Department in a client-facing role, the successful candidate will apply their experience in providing interpretation of policy language, coverage analysis, advocacy, coverage and dispute resolution, act as liaison between clients, adjusters, lawyers and insurance companies, claims management and other related client services. The Claims Department's mandate is to deliver claims consulting services to clients, and advocate for our clients in resolving any issues relating to their loss, i.e. coverage disputes, policy interpretation, settlement disputes, etc.
Job Required Skills
- Claims advocate and facilitator on behalf of client.
- Consultation with clients on claim issues
- Review and recommend solutions to coverage, quantum and claim handling management issues.
- Negotiate with insurers, adjusters and lawyers to expedite and obtain fair settlement of claims.
- Participate in sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Assist the client in preparing special claims servicing instructions focusing on the client's specific needs and taking into consideration the structure of their insurance programs.
- Review and comment on policy wordings for account teams.
- Review of claims with clients/insurers/loss adjusters regularly.
- Post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience.
- Holds or commits to obtain appropriate provincial license within probationary period.
- Additional insurance qualifications/designations (e.g. CIP, CRM) is considered an asset.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of coverage and analytical skills in policy interpretation.
- Aware of relevant insurance legislation and major insurance-related court decisions.
- General knowledge and/or experience with multiple lines of insurance coverage with detailed knowledge in specialized coverage lines considered an asset.
- Prior experience in claims consultation with larger risk accounts.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal & written, as well as effective time management and organizational practices.
- Results oriented with strong client service emphasis and focus.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in email, word processing and spreadsheet software as well as working knowledge of presentation software.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong negotiating skills
- Attention to detail.
- Professional maturity and proven track record of adherence to professional standards and ethics.
- Capable of working in a team.
- Good problem solving skills.
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top