- Chilliwack, Canada
About HUB International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the Position
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for monthly closing processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and G/L systems within the accounting center. This individual will prepare and approve journal entries, conduct balance sheet reconciliations and analysis, ensure compliance with GAAP and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management systems and G/L systems within the accounting center
- Demonstrate solid understanding of the balance sheet account reconciliation process; complete accurate and compliant reconciliations in accordance with company requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that G/L offsets and supporting source adjustments are identified and cleared prior to deadline; follow-up on timely clearing of all reconciling transactions
- Review and approve journal entries in the Brokerage Management systems and G/L systems
- Oversee various monthly accrual, true-up, settlement, and bad debt calculations
- Reconcile inter-agency activity between HUBS
- Execute disbursement approvals (manual checks, ACH and wires)
- Serve as team lead with respect to the day to day work performed by the Staff Accountants
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance
- CPA or pursuing CPA completion is strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in the accounting field
- At least 2 years of team leadership experience
- Ability to motivate, influence and lead others
- Insurance experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak time
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top