Senior Account Executive - Complex Casualty Insurance
- Wilmington, MA
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
We currently have an opportunity for Senior Account Manager to join the Commercial Lines Department in our Wilmington, MA office. The selected employee will be a resource coordinating the overall service, recommendations, and implementation of a book of insurance business, which is driven primarily by complex casualty brokerage and service needs in support of the producer or, if directed my management, in support of accounts without a producer. The job requires a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making based on industry knowledge and experience to provide professional guidance, expertise, and service to clients, professional and collaborative relationships with carrier reps, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues. The primary objective is rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations. The Senior Account Executive is also responsible for assisting the Producers with business development and sales with for new and existing large casualty clients.
- Manages an assigned book of business which is comprised of key and high premium, casualty-driven accounts, all of which have a significant impact on the business operations of the client and on HUB.
- Utilizing industry experience and in-depth knowledge of insurance markets, policy provisions, claim processes, business environment, and risk mitigation, applies independent and discretionary judgment to make decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible. These include non-routine coverage issues and questions, denial of claims, renewal strategies for key accounts, and interpretation of non-routine provisions of insurance contracts.
- Acquires understanding of clients' business and insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability. This includes being verse in loss sensitive insurance program structures and/or captive solutions.
- When counseling clients on appropriate coverage, will assess risks based on clients' situation and determine proper coverage and program structure to insure and mitigate those risks.
- Makes recommendations directly to key clients without prior approval that may deviate from established policies and procedures.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing directly with insurance carriers and/or in collaboration with centralized marketing resources, if applicable.
- In situations where special carrier programs are available, determines if those programs are appropriate for particular clients, provides consultation on benefits of those programs and if appropriate, will work with carriers to quote coverage through appropriate program.
- Leads resolution of escalated complex service issues between clients and insurance carriers that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve.
- Client facing; leads client meetings (including renewal meetings, stewardship, etc.), independent from producer or manager as needed.
- Supports, mentors and trains more junior staff
- May oversee and/or participate in functions performed by Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers including approval of renewal strategies and resolution of client and carrier issues.
- Seeks continued knowledge and stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Leads all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal of book of business. Uses judgment and creativity based on industry experience to produce favorable results and solutions to address clients' insurance needs.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services where appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- Professional designation such as AAI, AEM, CIC preferred.
- 7+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Commercial Senior.
- Licensed in Property and Casualty.
- Account Management/Account Executive role in brokerage/agency environment required.
- Experience managing large accounts of various industries, i.e. transportation, real estate, construction.
- Experience working with loss sensitive casualty accounts, captives (group and/or single parent) and shared/layered programs.
- Negotiation of letters of credit or other collateral is a plus but not required
- Leadership experience and independent responsibility for client retention preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule in a HUB office, and ability to travel on business when required.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems directly or through colleague support.
- Possesses mastery of the various HUB and industry resources and tools that are available and utilizes same to best serve clients
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top