- Montreal, Canada
About HUB International
HUB International Limited (HUB) is a top-5 global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services throughout Canada and the United States.
About HUB's Risk Services Division:
Our consultants are risk management professionals with certification, education, and experience in a variety of industries and disciplines. Located throughout Canada and the USA, our team has the proven knowledge and experience to assist our clients in identifying current and potential risks, and implementing controls to reduce their exposure to loss.
The Risk Consultant will report directly to the Vice-President - Risk Control Services and will work with HUB account executives and clients in the evaluation and mitigation of property and liability related risks, and develop and deliver risk reduction programs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional service to clients in Quebec and other locations as required
- Work collaboratively with HUB risk consultants to ensure client needs are met
- Consult with clients to understand risk management needs and objectives
- Advise clients on best practices in risk mitigation and safety management strategies
- Support the Implementation of risk management and safety best practices using generally accepted project management and consulting practices
- Support client acquisition and retention activities
- Conduct management and employee training sessions for clients as needed
- Conduct loss analysis & trending to identify client focus areas
- Perform audits and assessments at client sites
- Develop and submit clear, concise and timely reports/correspondence documenting all activities
- Develop/manage relationships with insurance carrier and vendor partners
- Provide oversight of insurance carrier loss control activities
- Provide support to the sales and service teams in the region
- Contribute to special projects as required
- Fully fluent in French and English
- One to three years of experience as a safety/risk/loss control consultant or technician in the insurance brokerage or carrier environments, or as a risk/safety manager or engineer in industry
- Strong working knowledge of National and Provincial Building and Fire Codes as well as relevant NFPA standards
- Experience in real estate, construction, heavy industry, and/or manufacturing environments is desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety, or Risk/Safety Management is desirable
- Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training designation is desirable
- Risk Management/Loss Control experience in insurance is desirable
- Completion of (or progression towards) professional risk/safety designations is desirable
- Completion of (or progression towards) the Canadian Risk Management designation is desirable
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheet analysis, report writing, and presentation development
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary
HUB will offer a competitive compensation & benefits package commensurate with the candidate's experience and abilities. Applicants with more than five (5) years of experience will be considered for a Senior Risk Consultant role.
Department Risk Management & Loss Control
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top