About HUB International Limited
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the HUB Risk Services Division
Our consultants are board-certified and degreed safety, claims, security, property, crisis management, business continuity, and environmental professionals with experience in a variety of industries. Located throughout US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, our team has the proven knowledge and experience to assist our clients in identifying current and potential risks, and implementing controls to reduce their exposure to loss.
The Risk Consultant will develop professional level advice and support clients and colleagues. The primary responsibilities include:
- Consult with clients to understand needs and objectives
- Develop custom solutions and advise clients on best practices in risk identification, risk mitigation, safety management strategies, and return to work processes.
- Implement programs using generally accepted project management and consulting practices
- Develop and conduct management and employee training programs
- Conduct loss analysis & trending to identify client focus areas
- Perform audits/assessments at client sites
- Develop/manage relationships with insurance carrier and vendor partners
- Provide oversight of insurance carrier activities on client's behalf
- Support national and regional service goals
- Develop client facing consulting materials such as bulletins, training materials, stewardship reports, loss analyses, safety programs and policies
- Act as liaison between regional risk services leadership and office leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety or related equivalent
- 5-10 years' experience as a safety/risk/loss control consultant in the insurance broker or carrier environments, or as a safety technician/manager in general industry
- Completion of CSP or similar professional designations is desirable
- Strong knowledge or OSHA, EPA, DEA and/or DOT requirements is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary
- Candidate needs to be competent in the Microsoft Office suite
- Local travel and intermittent overnight travel expected
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top