Retirement Plan Advisor
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance and investment professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
As a Retirement Plan Advisor, you will be responsible for managing a block of existing business while applying exceptional service standards resulting in strong retention. Additionally, your goal will be to raise assets via consultative methods.
This position will be responsible for retirement and investment counseling, enrollment, educational seminars, and the design, compliance, and risk management of company-sponsored retirement plans.
- Provide consulting and investment advisory services for a specified block of company-sponsored retirement plans
- Utilize several methods for business development including direct prospecting, wholesale efforts, cultivation of lead referral sources, and pursuit of internal cross-sell opportunities to generate new business
- Work directly with Plan Sponsors to help them effectively manage their retirement and lower their risk, including consultation on plan design and cost analysis
- Deliver investment and compliance guidance as a fiduciary in accordance with ERISA and other regulations
- Assist with benefits & retirement seminars, open enrollment, and other education sessions hosted by the employer.
- Monitor fund fees and expense ratios, negotiating with vendors, and keep plans competitive overall.
- Assist in the selection, monitoring and replacement of investment options
- Support efforts for conversion to new providers
- Provide support and guidance for Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) and due diligence efforts
- Manage Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Bachelor degree in Business Finance or Management from a four-year college or university and five or more years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires FINRA Series 6 & 63, along with applicable state licenses within 90 days of employment
- Series 7, 65 or 66, AIF (Accredited Investment Fiduciary) - Preferred
- Comprehensive industry knowledge essential
- Required experience in 401(k), 403(b), other Qualified and Non-Qualified Plans
- Required experience in qualified retirement plan design and administration including:
- the development of an Investment Policy Statement
- the performance of an investment analysis and due diligence
- the knowledge of the vendor market and benchmarking plan costs
- Basic personal computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and to respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, customers and the public.
- Must be a team player and willing to be flexible in a growing company.
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top