Recreational Marine Senior Underwriter (remote position)
- Lynnfield, MA
We currently have an opportunity for a Recreational Marine Senior Underwriter with ISR Marine Insurance Services, LLC . This position can be worked remotely.
The selected employee working independently, will develop, manage, and grow a profitable book of recreational marine insurance business through independent agents and specialty producers. The candidate is responsible for generating new sales, successfully renew existing policies; manage new territories and relationships. The Senior Underwriter will have full responsibility for the profitability and growth of the book of business based on a nationwide territory.
Develop and manage a book of business and agency relationships.
Generation of substantial new sales volumes through new and existing producers.
Responsible for the retention of existing business and oversight of excellent service standards.
Oversight to make sure underwriting guidelines and pricing are adhered to.
Maintain knowledge of various authority limits.
Conduct internal self-audits.
Provide ongoing management of the business for underwriting quality and service.
Explain products and services of the company, and its carriers and service providers.
Communicate frequently with production partners.
Work with staff and partners to resolve problems and maintain carrier relations.
Prepare, quote and sell new and renewal offers to our agents/producers.
Participate as necessary on special committees and projects.
Create and maintain periodic management reports.
- 10+ years insurance experience with at least 3 years of wet marine background.
- Working knowledge of Manual Rules and Classification procedures.
- Knowledge of quota share and facultative reinsurance placement is a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent sales and communication demeanor.
- Must be a self-starter, creative, and team oriented.
- Ability to organize work; perform with time constraints, and be self-directed.
- Ability to adapt to significant change (procedures, processes, and techniques).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), along with time management, strong mathematical aptitude, analytical skills, and sales tenacity are requisite for success.
Required Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top