Quality Control Assessor
We are currently looking for an individual to support the technical side of our warranty program in the central Okanagan. This fieldwork position will be responsible for technical assessment support and Energy Advisor program in one our sub-regions. Building and maintaining relationships with our builder clients, monitoring and assessing the various stages of the build, providing support and education as needed.
- Okanagan Valley, BC
General Overview of responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining relationships with our builder clients, monitoring and assessing the various stages of the build, providing support and education as needed.
- Monthly road trips throughout territory.
- Scheduling and performing blower door tests as required and submitting the results
- Representing our company in trade groups and industry associations
- Generating potential client leads
- Attending training sessions and meetings
In addition to the regular assessments of single and multi family homes under construction, our Okanagan Assessor will also be taking on the developing role of Energy Advisor, supporting our commitment to environmental change.
The Energy Advisor" portion of the job will require the successful candidate to either come on board with their certification in place or commit to successful completion of the program within 3 months of commencement.
New Home Warranty Program Summary
Alberta and British Columbia have legislation in place to ensure with exception that builders provide their clients with new construction or renovation warranty, adheres to proper building techniques, building code and legislated performance guidelines. Progressive/Pacific Home Warranty are proud to be a leading provider of new home warranty in Western Canada.
A successful assessor has several skills and interests, it starts with a keen interest in the residential building process, a core knowledge of the stages and key components of a good build, relationship building, strong organizational and time management abilities and a fundamental belief in customer service.
Candidate Requirements & Skills
- Experience and knowledge of the residential building process, current building techniques, challenges and products.
- Be a self-starter with proven organizational skills
- Individual must be comfortable with developing and building supportive relationships with builders, trades and industry associations
- Ability to identify and communicate sales opportunities
- Ability and comfort to make the phone calls required to maintain effective contact with client base.
- Communicate professionally, clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Technical competence, reporting is done on tablets, laptops and phones.
- Ability to work independently in a responsible manor
- Ability to read, absorb and perform the intricacies of the processes and procedures required.
If you believe the skills and description above is a mirror of you then please submit your resume today!
Progressive Home Warranty is a dynamic and fast paced innovative company offering and developing products and services that meet the ever-changing needs of a growing industry. We believe it is vital that we bring like-minded people on board to join us in this journey.
Progressive/Pacific Home Warranty is a subsidiary of HUB International Insurance. If you would like to know more about PHW, please visit their website here: https://www.progwar.com/
Department Risk Management & Loss Control
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Back to top