Producer/Producer Trainee - Financial Services
HUB International Limited is a leading insurance brokerage providing an array of worldwide brokerage services including property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We currently have an opportunity for a Producer / Producer Trainee to join our Financial Services team in our Cumberland, ME office. The selected individual will be responsible for focusing on 401(k) and other employer sponsored retirement plan sales, this position will also have the opportunity to engage in individual insurance, wealth management sales and develop group benefit relationships in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company.
We are seeking an experienced outside salesperson for this role, but are willing to consider candidates with experience in financial services operations who aspire to a career in sales.
Specific responsibilities include:
Develop and achieve maximum sales volume consistent with individuals and company objectives.
Identify, develop, and qualify new prospects.
Contact prospects to set appointments.
Develop and perpetuate a loyal customer base in relation to geographic and market considerations.
Recommend plans and products to help clients achieve goals; identify appropriate investment and insurance solutions (e.g. business objectives, estate issues, tax considerations, retirement planning)
Analyze clients' income and assets, as requested; at least once annually, review and update financial situation.
Stay current on industry developments, service and product enhancements, regulatory issues, and clients' objectives.
Comply with all FINRA/SEC/Commonwealth compliance regulations; satisfy continuing education requirements.
Conduct business in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of both the business and earnings implications of the Company.
Help individuals identify their unique financial needs and objectives:
- Establish and define the client/advisor relationship
- Gather data, including goals
- Analyze and evaluate financial status
- Develop, present, implement, and monitor financial planning recommendations
- Provide personal client service on an ongoing basis throughout the year as requiredQualifications:
- Strong sales aptitude/skills.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 or 63 and 65registration and Life/Health insurance sales in ME, NH & MA. We will consider training individuals who may need to round out the designations listed here.
- BA or BS in business or professional designation a plus.
- Three to five years of previous experience working in a related field.
- Excellent knowledge and communication of financial planning concepts, terminology, and products, including mutual funds, stocks, bonds, insurance policies, and annuities.
- Knowledge of third-party asset management systems, including how they work, their benefits and drawbacks.
- Proficiency in computer programs, including MS Office Suite, particularly Excel; MoneyGuide Pro, Argus, Broadridge Forefield Advisor.
Location: United States, Maine, Cumberland Foreside
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 20-Nov-2017
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top