In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
We currently have an opportunity for a Producer lines to join our Commercial Lines sales team in our Ellicott City, Maryland office.
The selected employee will produce new business and assist in ongoing service to clients in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and achieve maximum sales volume consistent with individuals and company objectives.
- Identify, develop, and qualify new prospects. Qualify and handle leads generated by the company.
- Contact prospects to set appointment and gain information on expirations.
- Cross-sell lines of business for all of the company's profit centers.
- Prepare accurate and complete applications on new and renewal business, including narrative describing all operations of the risk. Collaborate on preparation of marketing submissions for new business.
- Interface with company support staff and Marketing Department by meeting to review accounts, helping to determine markets to be used, follow-up dates, etc., and to otherwise assist in the timely and efficient processing of business.
- Prepare and/or present proposals to prospects and clients. Close sale.
- Develop and perpetuate a loyal customer base in relation to geographic and market considerations.
- Coordinate ongoing service for existing accounts with Account Manager.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to design and maintain appropriate insurance programs for existing accounts.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
- Assist in collecting money, arranging satisfactory financing or canceling coverage.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for retaining existing accounts. Be primary contact with clients for problems of all sorts, significant coverage concerns, and collections.
- Produce and service new commercial accounts and while maintaining and enhancing HUB International New England's image in the assigned trading communities.
- Keep informed of changes and trends within the industry for the purpose of anticipating and responding to profit objectives
- Conduct business in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of both the business and earnings implications of the Company.
- Previous experience in sales of intangible products.
- Ability to identify potential clients and initiate contact.
- Producer Broker's License or willing obtain license post hire
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel locally to client visits.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top