Premium Payables Associate
- Riverside, CA
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About The Position
The Premium Payables Associate is responsible for the Premium Payables and Broker Commission Payables process for the Property & Casualty, Benefits and Wholesale business units in various Broker Management systems and G/L systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring premiums are remitted to the carriers, according to carrier market terms, and broker commissions are paid to external brokers in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with company policies. This position reports to the Premium Payables Supervisor.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Function as primary contact with assigned insurance markets; focus on expedient resolution of billing discrepancies, obtain missing carrier invoices/statements from Insurance carriers and wholesalers in order to achieve three-way match status and timely disbursement
- Prepare reconciliations in the Broker Management System in conjunction with invoices and/or statements received from markets in accordance with payment terms
- Monitor timely resolution of billing discrepancies in order to achieve a three-way match status on or before payment due date
- Process return premium requests to clients and premium finance companies
- Prepare analysis of aged open payables on a periodic basis
- Analyze, research and resolve exceptions
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with client service operations team and markets
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required and college courses in accounting required
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting field
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment preferred
- Insurance brokerage experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top