Premium Payables Associate
- Riverside, CA
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Function as primary contact with assigned insurance markets; focus on expedient resolution of billing discrepancies, obtain missing carrier invoices/statements from Insurance carriers and wholesalers in order to achieve three-way match status and timely disbursement.
- Prepare reconciliations in the Broker Management System in conjunction with invoices and/or statements received from markets in accordance with payment terms.
- Monitor timely resolution of billing discrepancies in order to achieve a three-way match status on or before payment due date.
- Process return premium requests to clients and premium finance companies.
- Prepare analysis of aged open payables on a periodic basis.
- Analyze research and resolve exceptions.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with client service operations team and markets.
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires at least 2 years' experience in accounting field.
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment preferred.
- Insurance Brokerage Experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Word and Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required and college courses in accounting required
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top