Premium Payables Analyst
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
The position reports directly to the Premium Payables Manager and functions as analyst for special projects and payable reporting and performs as part of a team. The team is responsible for the Premium Payable and Broker commission payables process for the Property & Casualty, Benefits and Wholesale business in various Broker Management system(s), GL system(s) and any additionally acquired systems. Key responsibilities include ensuring premiums are remitted to the carriers accordingly to carrier market terms and broker commissions are paid to external brokers on a periodic basis timely and accurately in accordance with company policies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Primary role is to works directly with Manager to create and maintain payable KPI data, analyze Aged Payables and COA items as well as assisting with special projects.
- Function as primary contact with assigned insurance markets; focus on expedient resolution of billing discrepancies, obtain missing carrier invoices/statements from Insurance carriers and wholesalers in order to achieve three-way match status and timely disbursement.
- Prepare reconciliations in the Broker Management System in conjunction with invoices and/or statements received from markets in accordance with payment terms.
- Monitor timely resolution of billing discrepancies in order to achieve a three-way match status on or before payment due date.
- Process return premium requests to clients and premium finance companies.
- Assist team members in handling complex items in a timely pro-active manner that ensures compliance with procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare analysis of aged open payables on a periodic basis.
- Analyze, research and resolve complex problems.
- Support and implement process efficiencies.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with client service operations team and markets.
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires at least 3 years' experience in accounting field.
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment preferred.
- Insurance Brokerage Experience required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Word and Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times.
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top