Personal Lines Insurance Rater
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
The Personal Lines Rater is responsible for the effective marketing of insurance risks to companies in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the company in order to help grow and maintain HUB International's personal lines book of business. The candidate must be able to effectively work in both a team environment and individually.
- Assist in the analysis of lines of business and insurance company production trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies.
- Market all lines of personal insurance that directly impacts revenue goals through the acquisition of new business
- Assist producers with pre-underwriting information gathering, coverage analysis and proposal presentations.
- Execute a quality control process for policies and quotations delivered assuring coverage, condition, rating and pricing accuracy.
- Effectively build relationships with insurance company underwriters through a pattern of professional risk submissions, company visitations and hard, but fair, negotiations.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of market underwriting appetite, line of business trends, insurance company changes, rating technique and coverage development.
- Accurately maintain new business and renewal control logs, which assist the department head in identifying trends.
- All other duties and special projects as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Licenses and Credentials: Must have or be willing to obtain a South Carolina Property & Casualty Insurance License.
- Knowledge and Experience: 3-5 years of insurance, marketing or underwriting experience.Knowledge of all forms of P&C coverage rating preferred. Thorough knowledge of personal lines coverages and markets.
- Skills: Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office Suite. Experience with Applied EPIC preferred.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 14-Aug-2018
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top