Personal Lines Account Manager
Job Description - Account Manager
- Manages a book of insurance business, including large personal lines accounts for affluent clients, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making.
- Prepares annual review reports and conducts client meetings to review the insurance program and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Makes major decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible.
- Works closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to HUB's best practices and standard procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients' insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses. Qualifications
- Experience working with high net worth insurance carriers, including Chubb, is required.
- Must be experienced working with large Personal Lines accounts and affluent clients.
- National brokerage experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Holds current Texas General Agents License
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 11-Jun-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top