Personal Lines Account Manager
- Manages a book of insurance business, including large personal lines accounts for affluent clients, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making.
- Prepares annual review reports and conducts client meetings to review the insurance program and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Makes major decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible.
- Works closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to HUB's best practices and standard procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients' insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Experience working with high net worth insurance carriers, including Chubb, is required.
- Must be experienced working with large Personal Lines accounts and affluent clients.
- National brokerage experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Holds current Texas General Agents License
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top