Personal Lines Account Assistant
HUB International's vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB International is currently looking for a Personal Line Account Assistant to support the Personal Insurance Practice in Oakville. This role would work independently, use MS Office skills and insurance systems and provide administrative support for assigned teams or projects. Responsibilities will vary dependent on business needs and will require flexibility, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and assist.
This is an ideal role for a recent College or University graduate that is interested in a career in insurance and able to commit for the full contract duration.
- Provide administrative assistance to assigned Account teams
- Process endorsements on broker management system and company portals
- Maintain and update client information accurately
- Attend to billing inquiries including aged receivables
- Receive and take appropriate action with incoming documents.
- Work on renewal exception report
- Review account renewals and conduct follow-up activities, as assigned.
- Identify insurance policies that are subject to price increase and prepare a remarket quote
- Prepare letters and other documents related to client accounts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma in Business Insurance or University Degree
- Computer Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail, effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- RIBO Licensed or in progress
- Knowledge or experience in insurance an asset
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline - focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top