About HUB International Limited
HUB International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
This Compliance Paralegal will provide ongoing review, analysis, document drafting, and assistance with both federal (ERISA/ACA) and state insurance laws – working directly with, and in support of, the Chief Compliance and Administrative Officer (CCAO), internal colleagues and external brokers together with their clients.
The Compliance Paralegal will contribute to the standards of superior client service for the company locally and regionally. Other activities will include research, peer review, and toolkit preparation. This individual will operate in accordance with objectives, procedures, and goals of the company and applicable state and federal law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the CCAO to provide innovative review of and creation of compliance documentation in support of our brokers' clients and to help the sales process.
- Create, share, coordinate, review, monitor and evaluate educational material or training sessions to help educate internal colleagues and external brokers and their clients/prospects on compliance topics and resources that are available to them.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications Team to create straight-forward timely communications on new laws, regulations, and client/broker concerns/solutions, including client bulletins and marketing collateral.
- Ensure appropriate content is published and organized intuitively on both internal and external client sites, including website and social media review.
- Provide guidance and assistance to sales and service teams on compliance topics and resources.
- Interface with key producers, sales support, and operations leadership to ensure service model is meeting broker partner expectations.
- Bachelors degree with American Bar Association approved Paralegal Program or Certification required with at least 5 years' experience in the human resources and/or employee benefits. Focus must be in the areas of health & welfare employee benefits law with an in-depth knowledge of ACA/Health Reform, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, Medicare and knowledge of enforcement penalties. This individual should also have a working knowledge of federal and state HR laws.
- Strong plan document drafting, review and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a practical way.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a positive, quick-paced team environment.
- Responsiveness to internal staff as questions and or broker needs arise – speed and accuracy matter equally.
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint a must) and be able to work in a Windows environment.
- Amiable when encountering difficult situations with broker partners, their clients, business partners, and coworkers.
- Driven self-starter who can complete tasks with minimal supervision and manage projects to completion.
- Other job responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top