Join one of the top acquiring firms as an Operations Trainer ! We are seeking individuals who are passionate about adult learning, supporting the learning journey of others and applying proven methodologies to ensure learning sticks.
Reporting to the Director, Operations Learning & Development, you will deliver training to HUB employees on a variety of broker management systems, point solutions and standard business processes related to servicing client accounts. This position can be based anywhere in the U.S. near a major international airport.
About the Position
The Operations Trainer will:
- Collaborate with business leaders, business users and the Operations Learning Coordinator to plan and schedule training events including new employee training (on broker management systems), refresher training and continuing education.
- Collaborate with IT Staff to setup training environment i.e. test data and training scenarios etc.
- Work with Operations Learning Coordinator to define and execute key learning processes related to training registration, session availability, seat management, and custom learning requests.
- Provide training on the Propel project workflow & process training
- Serve as backup and collaborate with Operations Learning Coordinator on managing user access to BMS (Broker Management System) online learning solutions
- Support development of appropriate courseware tools and applications along with ongoing assessment of existing tools
- Develop and deliver BMS software application training programs and individual classes
- Present instructor-led training sessions in person or via web meeting process
- Review training materials and documentation to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify and communicate any specialized training needs outside of BMS applications to business unit
- Respond to Service Desk tickets and inquiries in an effort to assist individuals with BMS "how to" application issues
- Administer learning evaluations and assessments as defined by the curriculum. Collaborate results analysis, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses
- Work with BMS application teams to understand, learn and demonstrate solid knowledge of any changes and upcoming application upgrades/enhancements
- Participate in any upgrade and maintenance update testing
- Stay up-to-date with industry technology developments
- Bachelor's degree in adult learning, instructional design, business or related area of study
- 2-5 years of in-person and virtual instructional delivery or facilitation
- General knowledge of insurance and insurance brokerage operations
- Proven experience with adult learning principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on motivational skills and positive attitude
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Remote or office based, with the ability to travel up to 90% between training locations required
- 2 - 7 years of insurance industry work experience
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise and desktop applications (e.g. Epic, BenefitPoint, ImageRight, WorkSmart, Velocity, and Microsoft Office)
- Highly self-motivated and directed
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Department Business Operations
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 100%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
MikeBusiness Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top