Operations Technical Asset Specialist
About Progressive Home Warranty:
Progressive Home Warranty is Canada's only coast-to-coast new home warranty and construction insurance provider, and we lead our industry in customer service and product. We sell our warranty and insurance products to Canada's most dynamic home builders, and we do it better than any other company in the industry as evidenced by the fact that one hundred percent of our industry-leading growth is attributed to referral business. We consistently provide value through our exceptional service and breadth of product, and are the fastest growing company in the home warranty and construction insurance industry.
The Operations Technical Asset Specialist, under the direction of the VP Operations, will primarily be responsible for the oversight and management of the technical and asset management portions of the Operations Department. This position will assist employees of PHW with their day to day technical issues as well as the long-term management of company assets (IT, Vehicles, Communications).
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload
- Client/Customer Focus - Provides superior service to PHW teammates
- Communication - Expresses information with consistency and clarity to both management and teammates as necessary.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to stay on task and effective without constant supervision
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Teamwork - Ability to work with others in the operations department to successfully deal with all inquiries.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Management of all PHW corporate assets including fleet, technical equipment (including mobile devices), and physical office assets
- Facilities Coordination, management of all PHW facilities issues and office placements, including the management of office security.
- Technical support for PHW employees, front line internal IT support for PHW employees and direct contact with HUB IT for PHW employees and HUB IT related issues
- Liaison with third party IT provider for IT support issues that need external assistance
- Coordination of PHW employee equipment, including physical office assets and the coordination of any office moves.
- The finalization, alteration, publication and archiving or all PHW documents.
- Creation and Maintenance of departmental SharePoint pages
- Maintenance and Support for PHW's communication system, Microsoft Lync
- Assignment and maintenance of all files within the Active Directory
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange profiles and Group policies
- Creation, implementation and maintenance of Exclaimer signature policies
- The creation and update of PHW backup and disaster plans.
- Assistance with other operations tasks as required.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- College Diploma or University Degree preferred
- Certification(s) and/or licence(s) appropriate to industry preferred
- Web design experience an asset
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Attendance and participation in training
- Extended periods of sitting
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Occasional overtime
- Working in an office environment
- Interaction with customers and vendors
Location: Canada, Alberta, St. Albert
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 22-Oct-2018
Department: Information Technology
Back to top