North American Property Practice Leader
- New York, NY
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES :
The HUB North American Property Practice Leader is responsible for developing HUB's Property Practice and coordinating and developing HUB's resources around solutions for property issues including:
- Shared and layered property programs
- Global accounts
- Engineered/HPR risks
- Data/analytics/CAT modelling
- Parametric solutions
- Alternative capital
- Reinsurance structures
- Risk services/engineering
- Complex claims
- Develop the vision, overall strategy and goals for HUB's N.A. Property Practice.
- Identify resources around the organization and organize them into a practice group.
- Develop new resources to support our clients both by training and developing internal team members and recruiting outside talent to strengthen the practice and develop new capabilities.
- Develop a portfolio of services and capabilities that are consistently delivered on large/complex property accounts.
- Assist HUB brokers in winning new large, property risks across the enterprise or assist in the coordination of the right team from across HUB as needed.
- Assist HUB brokers in defending threats from other brokers on large/complex, property accounts.
- Negotiate with markets on complex property placements for both new and existing clients as requested by hubs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior property carrier executives from both standard and specialty markets.
- Encourage development of direct relationships with markets in the field.
- Share market information with the hubs regarding the latest developments and solutions in the property market.
- Stay abreast of global market capacity (London, Bermuda, Europe, Asia) as well as emerging solutions (ILS, parametrics, reinsurance)
- Professionally represent HUB in meetings, seminars, trade shows, speaking engagements and networking events.
- Work with HUB's corporate marketing department to author blogs, eBooks, and other technical papers that highlight thought leadership of HUB on topical and emerging property issues.
- Coordinate with HUB's corporate marketing department for HUB content (website, brochures, RFP templates, sales sheets, and other marketing materials.)
- Support Regions for any M&A involving large property portfolios.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 15 years of progressive, successful production experience and support; majority must be within a brokerage.
- Deep expertise, market relationships and strong visibility in the global property marketplace
- Proven progressive track record in driving new business results.
- A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Strong listening, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
- Strong degree of self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to lead/motivate others.
- Is influential and persuasive with the ability to partner across HUB and work well with segment and other practice leaders.
- University degree desired.
- P&C licenses required.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: More than 15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top