- Chicago, IL
The .Net Developer will work on a wide variety of technology initiatives that include developing interactive and back end systems, as well as, integrating existing internal and external vendor systems. As a .Net Developer, you will focus on three core things: One, helping design and develop technical solutions that address business problems; Two, helping create coding standards and adoption of patterns and principles used by the technology team; and Three, serving as a strong developer who can help address needs of the business and Technology team and pushing forward ideas on how to build for the future.
- Work closely with teams in Software Engineering, Infrastructure (DevOps), Database and Analytics on proof of concept and reference implementation projects
- Produce high quality, maintainable and scalable software
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with architect and leads to produce thoughtful software designs
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews
- Ensure end to end system is tested, using unit or integration testing frameworks where appropriate.
- Capable of contributing to technical discussions.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve Hub technical solutions and portal platforms.
- Microsoft Technology Stack
- Visual Studio / Nuget
- .Net Core / MVC / Web API
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Understanding of database design and data retrieval techniques.
- Knowledge of good coding practices and standards, including object-oriented design, code refactoring, design patterns and code documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in SOLID development principles, and REST API development.
- Ability to recognize issues in existing software and put together improvement plans.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with and talk to end users.
- Integrate data and workflows that span multiple business processes and systems, testing and quality assurance of new systems and system releases.
- Strong ability to estimate project tasks and to deliver upon committed dates.
- A Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, an applicable amount of relevant work experience will be considered.
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment.
- Experience with GIT for source control.
- Exposure to modern SPA front end development using React/Angular/Vue
- Cloud experience (Azure / AWS)
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
MikeBusiness Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top