National Healthcare Practice Leader/CSO (Home Based)
- Chicago, IL
The National Healthcare Practice Leader/CSO is responsible for meeting overall growth and profitability targets, in conjunction with the sales objectives of the HUB Healthcare Specialty Practice and will serve as a strategic partner to our Regional Presidents, Market Leaders and their Producer and Client Management teams. This position will report to the President, Specialty Practices and may be located in or near any major US city. Note that current travel is restricted due to COVID - 19. Once normal company travel resumes, the National Healthcare Practice Leader/CSO can expect 30% travel to attend client/carrier meetings, annual summits and leadership meetings.
- Drive the vision, overall strategy and brand for HUB's Healthcare Specialty.
- Accountable for setting and overseeing growth goals for the Practice.
- Work with the national team-members (sales support, Clinical Risk Manager, Chief Marketing Officer) to provide advice to the field.
- Work with Healthcare Markets as the face of HUB in coordination with the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Coach, develop, support and enable practice members.
- Connect the national team and assets with each other.
- Assist regions with recruiting, hiring, and training/mentoring new producers (train the trainer).
- Assist HUB brokers in writing large, complex risks across the enterprise or assist in the coordination of the right team from potentially different offices, as needed.
- Promote inter-practice resource sharing, best practices, and opportunities for cross-selling in HUB's various platforms (Property Casualty, Employee Benefits, Retirement/Wealth Management).
- Identification of sales initiatives and business development opportunities for the field and coordinating with corporate sales support and marketing teams.
- Establish a positive sales culture dependent on maximizing the strengths of each practice member and oversee best practices in account service standards.
- Oversee best practices in account service standards.
- Strategize with Regional Practice Leaders, geographic CSOs, and practice members to grow and retain business year over year.
- Develop internal resources/experts to assist producers in closing business.
- Accountable for implementing all HUB sales best practices and other sales initiatives as applicable for a practice environment.
- Professionally represent HUB in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Ensures continuous development of products and service offerings aligned with identified needs of customers in the market segments.
- Spearhead the annual Healthcare Summit for the national healthcare team.
- Work with HUB's corporate marketing department to author blogs, eBooks, and other technical papers that highlight thought leadership of HUB in healthcare.
- Coordinate with HUB's corporate marketing department to provide HUB Healthcare Content (brochures, RFP templates, sales sheets, and other marketing materials).
- Support Regions for any Healthcare Specialty M&A opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is highly preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressive, successful production experience and support; majority must be within an agency, brokerage or consulting firm.
- Deep expertise and strong visibility in the healthcare industry, including with physicians, hospitals, senior care and allied healthcare.
- Proven progressive track record in driving new business results.
- A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Strong listening, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
- Strong degree of self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to lead/motivate others.
- Is influential and persuasive with the ability to partner across HUB and work well with segment and other practice leaders.
- L&H, P&C licenses required.
Required Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top