HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
The Monitoring and Availability Engineer oversees and prioritizes monitoring, alerting, and routing of alerts for Hub critical infrastructure and applications. This role will establish availability metrics so IT managers and leaders could better understand performance. This will help drive go-forward decisions with enhancing technology needs.
MAJOR DUTIES: Engineer, Monitoring and Availability
• Report to the Senior Manager of Cloud and Infrastructure Operations, this person will work closely with Infrastructure and Application teams to develop a cost effective mix of monitoring and alerting standards
• Determine and prioritize monitoring focus on key areas: Cloud, Network, Wireless, telecommunications, Virtual footprint, Infrastructure, and applications
• Ensure adherence to availability requirements in vendor contractual SLA's
• Determine cost effective monitoring tool mix
• Establish monitoring reference architecture for HUB stack covering infrastructure, applications, network, telecommunications, and cloud.
• Establish alerting standards and deliver streamlined alert notification; ensuring alerts are routed to the correct teams and Service Desk.
• Develop and gain consensus on availability standards for key areas
• Align monitoring with Hub's IT Cloud Strategy
• Determine process for utilizing monitoring tools to help with the triage for Major Incidents
• Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
• Work across HUB technology towers to establish availability and reporting metrics
• Support and engage senior leaders
• Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and availability management
• Demonstrable experience in leading virtual and vendor partner teams
• Demonstrated ability to work in diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Deep understanding of Operations and "run" aspects of IT, for back-end systems and end-user technology
• Proven relationship management skills including the ability to work collaboratively with end-users and executive leaders
• Ability to partner with and collaboratively drive accountability with vendors and our internal teams
• Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and collaboration skills incorporating the ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify issues and risks and work with Hub stakeholders for resolution
• Possess shared vision and values that create culture of customer service, accountability, capability building
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 4 years (or 10 plus years equivalent) in of experience in leading Availability Management, Operations, and/or infrastructure support services.
• Demonstrated management of IT metrics with proven statistical results
• Demonstrated ability to show progress in process improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT Service Management tools and workflow
• Broad knowledge of both on-premises and cloud based monitoring tools
• Service-Now capabilities and use a plus
• Lean Six Sigma knowledge use and skills a plus
• ITIL certification or designation a plus
• Insurance background a plus
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 11-Apr-2018
Department: Information Technology
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top