Mergers and Acquisitions Technology Integration Lead
About HUB International:
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions Integrations, the M&A Technology Integration Lead is responsible for the creation of the M&A IT Integration approach for each deal assigned. Hub International is highly acquisitive, typically closing several acquisitions each month, all of which are integrated onto the Hub technology platform as much as is possible.
Together with M&A Integration Program Directors, the M&A Technology Integration Lead engages with key Information Technology leaders and engineers, to review all acquisition technology platforms and perform the technology requirements review, creating the technology designs for integrating the new acquisition's systems and data into to Hub. S/he drives to integrate to the common standard technology platform and identifies potential non-fit/poor-fit situations, major issues or high risks which will require additional investigation or steering committee escalation. Will perform deeper dive investigations as needed to complete all required due diligence and integration design deliverables. Subsequently, this leader is responsible for directing the implementation of the solution through leading the team of technical analysts and vendors.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The M&A Technology Integration Lead is the technology integration design and execution champion for the Hub International M&A Integration program. In this key leadership role, s/he is responsible for:
M&A integration solution design & build - Responsible for working with the Integration Program Directors, evaluating the acquisition technology and identifying the best approach to maximize the use of Hub standard technology solutions, while retaining the distinct value and capabilities of the acquired asset. In this s/he is responsible for:
- Evaluation of acquisition requirements and technology facts
- Identification of integration approach design options, and drive decision on which design will be executed
- Directing the execution of any technology build required for the integration
- Ensure proper technical testing executed and resolve issues identified
- Support UAT and resolve issues identified
- Evaluates and ensures proper IT Operations introduction performed
- Identification of preliminary potential solutions for emerging businesses
Liaison with IT and Information Security - Responsible for putting communication processes in place to ensure all IT engineering, operations, Information Security, and key vendor teams are aligned with M&A Integration activities, notifying of incoming new technologies, associated challenges.
Integration Engineering - Driving to continually build merger & acquisition automation and tooling capabilities in the areas of: due diligence, risk assessment / management; data discovery and migration. Facilitating tooling enablement for supporting vendors and M&A support team and related activities, including:
- Data discovery and extract
- Infrastructure discovery
- Application discovery, management and rationalization
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project-based process and technology design and delivery execution roles delivering a mix of both infrastructure and application integration projects and programs.
- Minimum 3 years of consulting experience in key leadership positions in a matrix environment, designing and delivering and solution approaches for complex people, technology and process integration programs, and communicating to key stakeholders and clients.
- Experience as a solution architect, for at least 3 of 4 of the following areas: applications, infrastructure, database, and/or IT security.
- Experience with majority of the following technology infrastructure domains: network/telecom, email/messaging, Windows desktop, Citrix desktop, Cloud (AWS preferred) and SaaS technologies, application configuration and packaging for Cloud computing, website domain transfer, interfaces
- Continuous improvement and change management culture background, with experience evaluating technical delivery issues and risks, and actively evaluating for opportunities to improve.
- Consultative skillset with superior gravitas, communication and collaboration abilities; able to interact with senior level resources and gather due diligence input, despite skepticism or reluctance. Able to tactfully set stakeholder expectations of integration change, while promoting the value proposition of joining Hub.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial perspective, continually seeking opportunities to create more value for Hub through acquisitions, integration improvements, or technology changes.
- Financial acumen - able to create and defend fact-based financial estimates.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple integration programs and priorities concurrently. Has experience delivering multiple (4 or more) complex initiatives concurrently.
- Team management skills, cultivating and counselling junior technology staff providing project guidance and development feedback.
- Ability to travel up to 10%. Role based in Chicago, IL.
- Authorized to work in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico
- Experience with performing technology solution assessments for integrating acquisitions into a buyer company; familiar with the M&A process steps, due diligence evaluation, estimation and integration execution.
- Insurance and/or Insurance Brokerage background, with Broker Management Systems and/or Customer Relationship Management systems experience, ideally Epic, BenefitPoint, MS Office 365, MS Dynamics, and AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure implementations; familiar with distributed network architecture, VoIP and Broadband telecom, data center moves, and desktop computing.
- Technology Solution Architecture experience for a highly acquisitive company (>50+/year) or similar Sales Engineering background for consulting company.
- Vendor management, contract management & negotiations experience.
- Data analytics, project management, cloud integrations, ServiceNow/ITIL, DevOps
- Bilingual in English and Canadian French and / or Spanish.
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 10-15 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top