Marketing Underwriting Broker
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Provide marketing and underwriting support Strata & Condo placements to commercial lines producers in the BC region for new and renewal business including: all in-house programs and underwriting facilities. Maintain direct contact with local insurance companies and other HUB offices to maintain the underwriting and marketing information necessary to provide the most comprehensive and competitive terms for commercial lines new and renewal business. Generate and drive new business production through Hub's various in-house commercial authorities and existing contracted markets.
Your typical tasks will include:
- Provide marketing support for Strata & Condo placements within the BC region and provide marketing support for large and mid market new business placements within the region.
- Provide producers and CSO with marketing support for HUB Top 200 and other regional Stewardship accounts as required.
- Offer support to producers in terms of market availability, coverage's available, and interpretations of wordings.
- Work with Producers to develop niche markets and programs and implement same as required.
- Fully understand our existing programs and products.
- Be fully familiar with wordings and the subtle differences between markets.
- Assist in providing training to new producers a/o assistants on various C/L products or topics.
- Maintain communication with our Key carriers and help to co-ordinate insurer visits and training as required.
- Regularly visit HUB branches and producers to exchange ideas with Commercial staff and encourage the use of the marketing department.
- Actively participate in commercial lines meetings as required.
- Attend & participate in company meetings as required.
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks.
- Active role in furthering education with courses and seminars.
- Strong organizational, mathematical, writing/language and people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to make quick decisive confident decisions.
- Commercial lines underwriting experience.
- Computer skills.
- Minimum 2-3 years underwriting experience and knowledgeable insurance professional.
- Preference given to those with CAIB of CIP designation or working toward designation or have taken relevant underwriting courses.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with peers, clients, and industry personnel.
- Strong experience using MS Office suite.
Your future with HUB:
We offer comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement.
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Back to top