Marine Broker and Account Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Overview of Position:
HUB International's vision is to be everywhere risk exists - today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for a strong Marine Broker and Account Manager to support the account workflow for our busy Marine Practice working closely with the Senior Vice President on Marine accounts nationally. This is an ideal role for an organized and customer focused individual with strong client service experience. This role is multi-faceted, high volume and high touch and involves diverse marine risks. This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in specializing in Marine insurance and an opportunity to part of the future growth of this practice.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
The Marine Broker and Account Manager is an account support role for a busy marine book of business providing top notch client service. This role is ideal for someone who is highly organized, detailed oriented with strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. We are looking for a strong team player who can work in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Handling an existing marine book of business
- Assists with client requests
- Markets and negotiates new and renewal accounts
- Updates rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintains/updating Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Answers client queries and communicating with insurance companies
- Inputs data and setting up electronic client and prospect screens to Epic
- Maintains effective abeyance system
- Print and distribute renewal list for the Account team at least 90 days before renewal and accounts receivable reports
- Updates claims history on summaries
- Increasing the growth of the book of business in the national marine practice
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO License or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance with mid-market accounts experience
- 3 years of experience in Marine insurance: i.e. Cargo, H&M, P&I, Shipbuilding risks desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Epic broker management systems an asset
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity - doing things right every time
Teamwork - working together to maximize results Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: College diploma (3-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top