Lead Data Analyst - Analytics and Machine Learning
LEAD DATA ANALYST - ANALYTICS & MACHINE LEARNING
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
Candidate will be responsible for developing and coordinating Data Reporting & Advanced Analytical projects in the Data & Analytics space; responsible for the requirements gathering, planning, controlling, development via BI tools and capabilities, rollout, maintenance and continued maturing and updating. The candidate needs to have an expertise in Data Analytics & Machine Learning technologies to conduct productive communication with business users, provide data preparation and planning, execution and interpretation of outputs, and insights. This is a hands-on role and we will expect the lead data analyst to proactively lead in designing the outputs, identify data anomalies for quality cleansing, look for areas of growth opportunities on the data set, provide a compelling story on the outputs, as well guide the business through utilization and adoption of the outputs. The individual must be able to develop excellent client relationships as well as having strong team building skills.
Our company will require that the lead data analyst manage all organization-wide data extracts, outputs and insight activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality, enrichment, setting standards on data analytics and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data Analytics & Machine Learning framework for reporting, analytics, data science / machine learning, data policies, standards, practices and procedures, both at the Department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
The Lead Data Analyst will serve as a point of escalation for Analytics & Machine Learning governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in Data &Analytics data insights and capabilities
- 2+ years of experience inMachine Learning tools and capabilities
- Experience in participating in data analysis sessions with the user community to capture, defineAnalytics & Machine Learningrequirements clearly, completely and correctly
- Development and tracking of work breakdown structure, and capacity planning
- Monitoring progress in terms of scope, schedule and budget; monitoring accomplished vs. planned tasks
- This is a hands-on role and will expect the leader to lead from the front in designing the outputs, algorithms and working with Development for enterprise deployment and scalability
- Reporting Status, creating Project Management status report dashboards or scorecards
- Working closely with Architecture & Development, BI and Data Warehouse functional managers by building a strong rapport and guiding through the BI Applications process
- Understanding ofArchitecture & Developmentand MDM solutions: operational and analytical, knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures
- Have insights and proactive traits to leverage existing tools i.e., Microsoft BI tools, SQL skills, R, Machine Learning, Python
- Experiencewith third party data enrichment services
- Experience in delivering quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities
- Experienced in working well with the cross functional team to meet project milestones, manage client satisfaction and mentor others on the team
- 8 years of Business and/or IT experience.
- 5 years working on BI/DW/MDM projects.
- Strong exposure to AWS or Azure environment is required
- Strong background in project methodology (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- 5 years of experience in project management of small and medium teams
- Knowledge of database, data integration, and Data & Analytics / MDM products.
- Experience working with Microsoft`s BI Stack, SQL skills, R, Machine Learning, Python capabilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to execute effectively on the agreed upon decisions
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work effectively on multiple priorities with firm deliverable dates.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred
- Develop and gain support on leveraging the data analytics capabilities
- Participate in analysis sessions with the user community to capture, define data requirements clearly, completely and correctly
- Define project scope, objectives and requirements and own the project plan, schedule, budget, resource management, vendor management, issues and risks.
- Manage the delivery of data projects concurrently that have moderate to high levels of business or technical complexity and risk, and that involve multiple business areas and owners.
- Manage dependencies and impacts with other teams and business functions.
- Be accountable to ensure data commitments and deliverables are met.
- Interact daily with development teams, QA, business analysts, functional managers, support teams, cross-functional business teams and global process owners to develop the overall program plans, schedules and ensure the smooth delivery of the business solution and all deliverables.
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 2-May-2018
Department: Information Technology
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top