Junior Staff Accountant
- Chilliwack, Canada
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 13,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to research, analyze and prepare various monthly and quarterly accruals, adjustments, and bad debt calculations.
- Assist with Fixed Asset module close process and balancing to General Ledger.
- Run and distribute month end and ad-hoc reports.
- Assist in researching balance sheet account reconciling items for resolution and review for compliance.
- Assist in preparing accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Prepare accurate and timely bank account reconciliation within established deadlines as assigned.
- Support the research of bank account reconciling items and communicate to respective teams for resolution.
- Record Journal entries for both the Broker Management system(s) and GL system(s).
- Research and analyze data as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ year of Accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or currently pursuing
- Interest in CPA designation is preferred
- Insurance experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top