IT Integrations Manager
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the Position:
The Manager of IT Integrations will be responsible for providing technical direction to the onsite team, offshore and nearshore development/QA teams and liaising with stakeholders to deliver robust, sound technical solutions to support and grow the business. The technologies platform consists of custom hardware and software - including .Net code running in Microsoft Azure and on AWS. The Manager of IT Integrations will help organize, develop and architect the future of our platform. This position will design features in a way that balances thoughtful reuse with the integration of systems and technologies. The ability to think holistically about a system composed of diverse technologies is required.
This is a hands on position that could require 60% or more time spent on developing/designing solutions.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to offshore/nearshore team
- Leading a team of developers utilizing Duck Creek development, C# .Net development and SCRUM
- Manage the offshore/nearshore QA team and be the point person to this team
- Liaise with all stakeholders to integrate current/pending systems with multiple-vendors; Ability to translate business requirements into viable/scalable/robust solutions
- Manage and hire top development resources (staff, and consultants) to ensure consistent development and delivery of technical solutions
- Develop, enhance, and champion software application tools, modules, etc., in accordance with standardized architectural, testing, and documentation specifications.
- Oversee development, design and conduct code reviews with development team(s)
- Provide feedback on testing (QA, Integration, UAT), end-user training / documentation efforts
- Maintain custom applications / code modules functionality through vendor architecture / API changes and enhancements based on standardized application lifecycle management processes
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in related field preferred
- Integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to the company's mission
- Excellence operating in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- High level of curiosity to learn about everything relevant to the job and industry
- Minimum 10 years of application development work experience in a variety of coding environments as noted below
- Strong design, coding, testing, documentation, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of standard SDLC methodologies (Agile experience is a must)
- Knowledge of version and revision control / structured change/Defect management practices and procedures (Git Hub, Jira, SVN)
- Demonstrable expertise in the following database/development environments
- Duck Creek - Nice to have
- .Net Frameworks; C#; JS; Web API;
- SQL Server;
- Data Lake/Data Warehouse - Nice to have
- Cloud (Azure, AWS)
- CMS (Sitecore, DNN, Ektron) - Nice to have
- Insurance industry experience a plus
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 4-May-2018
Department: Information Technology
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top