Integration Program Director
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position:
Join one of the top acquiring firms as an Integration Program Director! We are seeking individuals who are great with people, know technology, have planned and delivered successful integration programs in the past, and love to travel.
Reporting to the Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions Integrations, you will work closely with our acquisition candidate companies, developing systems integration plans that allows them to connect into all of the people, process and technology that Hub has to offer their business and clients. You will work collaboratively with our IT, Information Security and business teams to architect plans, communicate with all stakeholders on progress and manage any issues and risks against a well-defined playbook. We want to continue to improve - your opinion will be heard as we continue to refine our processes.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Integration Program Director is the key IT and Operations leader for each M&A deal IT integration program. This role interacts with all stakeholder groups associated with each M&A deal, including the acquisition owners, senior Hub leadership, and every Hub business function. Brought into the M&A process immediately following signing of the Letter of Intent, this role collects and reviews available business and technology details about the acquisition, and creates the integration approach and financial model for successful integration of each deal, partnering with the M&A Technology Solution Architect.
Next, s/he coordinates the scheduling of all key technology integration events between the seller, Hub business leadership, and IT. Once integration plans are created, s/he communicates plan and expectations to all stakeholders and IT delivery team.
After deal close, the Integration Program Director is responsible for ensuring the successful execution the plan, coordinating all work-streams associated with the integration playbook. S/he tracks actual progress, identifies sources of variance, resolving issues, and mitigating risks and takes action to correct and keep costs within budget and achieves successful integration.
In addition, the Integration Program Director is responsible for contributing to continuous improvement initiatives, creating a Better, Faster, Easier integration experience for each M&A deal, and being an instrumental part of creating the future of Hub!
- Technology professional with over 2 years of experience with integrating infrastructure and applications. Ideal candidate has experience with bringing new acquisitions into a buyer company, familiar with the M&A process steps, due diligence evaluation, estimation and integration execution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project-based process and technology delivery roles.
- Minimum 3 years of working in a matrix organization.
- Experience leading work designing and delivering complex people, technology, and process integration programs.
- Agent of change mentality: actively seeks and recognizes opportunities to change processes or behaviors to create more value for Hub through integration process improvements, or technology changes.
- Ability to create fact-based financial estimates, and subsequently measure performance against estimate, identify variance, and proactively address issues to keep within budget.
- Great communicator and collaborator. Seeks to understand.
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple integration programs and priorities concurrently. Has experience delivering multiple (6 or more) complex initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Authorized to work in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Insurance, brokerage and/or financial services industry experience, particularly with highly acquisitive M&A Integration activity.
- Experience with infrastructure implementations.
- Experience with automated application data conversions and software delivery lifecycle.
- Consulting experience with client-facing responsibilities.
Role Success Measures:
The Integration Program Director will be measured on how accurately the Integration Program is delivered against initial estimates: approach, budgetary and timeline.
S/he will also be measured on stakeholder satisfaction, specifically did the integration experience meet expectations; including how well s/he collaborated across the Hub matrix environment.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top