Insurance Marketing Specialist - Commercial Lines
HUB International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 400 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with more than 10,000 employees.
Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
Under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for the effective marketing of insurance risks to companies in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company. This position resides in Dallas, TX, but may assist in marketing for multiple offices within the HUB Texas region. Expected travel level is approximately 15%.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market all lines of commercial insurance and directly impact revenue goals through the acquisition of new business and the retention of renewals.
- Assist in the analysis of line of business and insurance company production trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies.
- Act as account liaison for the producer in dealing with other departments within Hub for the quoting of specialized lines of coverage.
- Assist producers with pre-underwriting information gathering, submission, coverage analysis, and proposal presentations if needed.
- Execute a quality control process for policies and quotations delivered assuring coverage, condition, rating and pricing accuracy.
- Effectively build relationships with insurance company underwriters through a pattern of professional risk submissions, company visitations and hard, but fair, negotiations.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of market underwriting appetite, line of business trends, insurance company changes, rating technique and coverage development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company utilization strategies by appropriate risk submissions.
- Accurately maintain new business and renewal control logs, which assist the department head in identifying trends.
- Schedule, conduct, and monitor results of the 120 Critical Path renewal meetings.
- College or University Degree preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced Level of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of all forms of property and casualty coverage rating.Energy and Marine experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and markets
- High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Good interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written skills
- Team Player
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to use good judgment
- 3 to 5 years of marketing or underwriting experience
Licensing or certification Requirements:
- Applicable state license
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Frequent use of computer monitor, keyboard and telephone
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Able to speak, see and hear other people and/or objects
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
Location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 4-Apr-2018
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top