Insurance Marketing Manager
General Description (SUMMARY, Scope, Purpose):
Serves as a resource to all offices/Producers/Account Executives/Account Managers in the HUB Region in matters related to market availability, appetite and personnel changes, and general market relations through the development and use of HUB's 3C, Customer Centric Carrier strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize marketing experience to analyze new business and renewal control logs to communicate trends and effects on agency contingencies and commissions.
- A dedicated focus on developing successful carrier relationships within the region.
- Monitor Hub 2.0 3C Carrier relationships and program performance Including:
- Performance of each carrier
- Making sure that risks are appropriately aligned with carrier within the marketing department and where marketed by account teams.
- Monitor and report assignment of accounts for marketing purposes as well as Hit ratios and marketing loads by marketer(s).
- Work with Marketers to establish performance goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance their professional development.
- Identification of Product opportunities offered by carriers and present to executive management for Business Development.
- Assists executive management to assure that Top 200 and Target 25 opportunities are acted upon.
- Assist in developing and monitoring marketing budget for region
- Monitor books of business that are not placed through the marketing team and where appropriate step in to manage or address issues and concerns as they arise.
- Attends marketing meetings
- Attend Sales Meetings
- Respond promptly to requests for marketing assistance from other Hub Offices.
- Participates and may conduct annual planning meeting with all major carriers with the region.
- Establish minimum quality standards for submission to carriers for their region.
- Accountable for deciding when it is appropriate to escalate a risk or not whether within an insurance company or to regional executive management team for their involvement.
- Effectively monitor and manage the turnaround time and the quality of the submissions / Quotes that go through the department.
The essential duties contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 to 7 years' experience in marketing or underwriting with a national or regional broker.
- Knowledge of all forms of property and casualty coverage rating.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and markets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- College degree required, 4 year preferred.
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit, stand, use hands to place, finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top