Insurance Data Analyst
Totten is looking for a strong Data Analyst to provide data support and management through analysis and interpretation of raw data to various key stakeholders in Underwriting. The position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work both independently as well collaboratively with Managers and Executive Management Team. This individual will be responsible for managing Totten's bordereaux reports for company risk reporting and developing report templates to track performance and forecast future variables. This is a dynamic role and involves working closely with the Chief Underwriting Officer on special projects related to corporate strategy, contract compliance and underwriting. This role reports to the Chief Underwriting Officer. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada's Leading MGA's and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Identifies and researches business needs and determines solutions to problems using various research methodologies.
- Communicates and interprets data through the production of various reports.
- Oversees the completion of Totten's various company bordereaux in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Runs reports and interprets data for leaders and Executive Management Team upon request by using data system available.
- Updates data system for Totten monthly using accurate parameters.
- Works with management team and Executive Management Team to develop valuable monthly reports.
- Assists with special projects as required
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Up to 5 years of related technical insurance experience i.e. claims, underwriting assistant etc.
- MGA experience an asset
- Strong insurance reporting and research experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Access and MS Excel
- Experience with TAM broker management system an asset
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, utilizing good time management skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of the competition and regulatory issues within the industry.
Totten Insurance Group is Canada's leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of six divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property; Commercial Casualty; Hospitality; Construction and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group's corporate office resides in Toronto ON, and has other locations in Oakville ON, Dartmouth NS, Winnipeg MB, Montreal QC, and Vancouver BC. Learn more at www.tottengroup.com.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top