Insurance Advisor, Marine
HUB International's Greater Vancouver location is based out of Burnaby, BC with offices throughout the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley. We offer comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement. Our brand new head office on Still Creek Drive is LEEDs certified and has a complimentary on site fitness facility, locker room & showers, bike room, outdoor running trails, and a shuttle from Gilmore Station for those who transit.
This role is for a 6 month contract.
- Administer Marine Insurance (Pleasurecraft) book of business
- Processing renewals, endorsements and cancellations
- Mid-term policy changes
- Invoicing & e-file maintenance
- Write new pleasurecraft policies and cross sell other products
- Underwriting / rating of new business, renewals & endorsements
- Opportunity to work a blended book of personal insurance business (marine, habitational, travel)
- Contact clients for renewal information
- Provide policy and coverage information to clients upon request or inquiry
- Update client information as changes occur
- Accounts receivable
- Attend trade shows
- Provide support and guidance to Personal Insurance Team (including branches)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- 2 years Personal Insurance experience
- Marine experience preferred but willing to train
- Boating knowledge & lifestyle an asset
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- TAM/EPIC experience an asset
- Completion of industry-related designation (BCIT Insurance & Risk Management, CAIB, CIP, CRM, etc), or actively working on completion
Your future with HUB:
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including Commercial, Personal and Employee Benefits. We are the leading insurance broker in BC and across Canada, and are ranked among the world's top 8 insurance brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top