Insurance Advisor, Commercial Transportation
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including Commercial, Personal and Employee Benefits. We are the leading insurance broker in BC and across Canada, and are ranked among the world's top 10 insurance brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
The successful candidate is a self-starter, quick learner and an active team player. We are looking for an individual who is friendly, comfortable with taking instruction from different individuals and enjoys working on a variety of tasks. This is a full-time regular position in which the primary job responsibility is to work with Account Managers and Executives to assist high volume Commercial and Auto Clients.
- Assisting Commercial Account Managers & Producers in servicing Commercial and ICBC accounts
- Process documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Cover Notes, Renewals, Proposals, Endorsements, In-House Policies, Invoicing, Finance Contracts, Customer Correspondence)
- Review and ensure accuracy of policy documentation from insurers before forwarding to the client
- Review and assist with composition of insurance coverage's and extensions
- Assess coverage's and limits, recommendation of optional coverage
- Provide policy and coverage information and interpretation to producers/clients upon request or inquiry
- Contact clients for renewal information
- Update client information as changes occur
- Provide policy and coverage information to clients upon request or inquiry
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills, Characteristics & Qualifications
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- 1-2 years of experience in Commercial Insurance and Auto Insurance
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- EPIC, Policy Works, Certificate Exchange & Lincq experience is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 55 wpm
Your future with HUB: HUB International's Greater Vancouver location is based out of Burnaby, BC with offices throughout the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley. We offer comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement. Our brand new head office on Still Creek Drive is LEEDs certified and has a complimentary on site fitness facility, locker room & showers, bike room, outdoor running trails, and a shuttle from Gilmore Station for those who transit.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top