Insurance Advisor, Commercial
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance. We are the leading insurance broker across Canada, and ranked among the world's top 10 brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service to our clients based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
As the Insurance Advisor, for our Commercial Insurance Division, you will apply your superior attention to detail and excellent client service skills while working closely with a team of Producers and Marketers on our Commercial accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn alongside a team of experts to make a difference for our clients.
- Assist producer and marketer with all aspects of servicing commercial accounts
- Process documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Cover Notes, Renewals, Proposals, Endorsements, In-House Policies, Invoicing, Finance Contracts, Customer Correspondence)
- Review and ensure accuracy of policy documentation from insurers before forwarding to the client
- Contact clients for renewal information
- Update client information as changes occur
- Answer account related questions/requests from clients, lawyers, and banks
- Provide policy and coverage information to clients upon request or inquiry
- Will be assigned duties and responsibilities that support multiple books of business and provides back-up coverage for Insurance Advisors.
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and motivation to support a diverse team. You have a minimum of one year commercial insurance experience as an Insurance Advisor, and a level 2 insurance license.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Superior client service and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Motivated to contribute within a team environment
- Outstanding telephone manner
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 55 wpm
- Industry designation an asset (CIP, CAIB, CRM, General Insurance & Risk Management Diploma – BCIT)
Your Future with HUB International:
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including commercial, personal and employee benefits and a global network.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top