Insurance Advisor, Commercial
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance. We are the leading insurance broker across Canada, and ranked among the world's top 10 brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service to our clients based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
The Insurance Advisor position applies their superior attention to detail and exceptional client services skills to support the Commercial Insurance Team. Keen attention to detail will assist process workflows and support the efficiency of current procedures and processes, maintain accurate client accounts, correspondence and processing for policies.
- Assist client service team with all aspects of servicing commercial account
- Process and create documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Submissions, Cover Notes, Renewals, Proposals, Endorsements, In-House Policies, Invoicing, Finance Contracts, Customer Correspondence)
- Policy checking
- Manage invoicing/billing
- Contact clients for renewal information
- Update client information as changes occur
- Maintain accuracy of electronic files as per agency standards
- Follow up with outstanding information & documentation for clients
- Answer account related questions/requests from clients, lawyers, and banks
- Provide policy and coverage information to clients upon request or inquiry
- Follow-up with Underwriters on any changes and outstanding information
- Coordinate carrier and market meetings and presentations
- Assist in the coordination of services between the client and the insurance company
- Day-to-day administration of the office (ordering supplies, updating renewal lists, etc.)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and motivation to support a diverse team. You have a minimum of one year commercial insurance experience as an Insurance Advisor, and a level 2 insurance license.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications
- Ability to thrive in a collegial environment
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Good technical insurance knowledge of coverage's
- EPIC, Policy Works, and Certificate Exchange experience an asset
- Outstanding telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 55 wpm
- Fluency in Spanish and South American work experience an asset
- Industry designation an asset (CIP, CAIB, CRM, General Insurance & Risk Management Diploma - BCIT)
Your Future with HUB International:
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including commercial, personal and employee benefits and a global network.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 2-Feb-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top