About HUB International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position
Hub International's Learning and Development team is seeking a professional Instructional Designer to design and develop learning and development experiences for the organization. The goal of this position is to assist learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- Design, develop and deploy learning content based on business needs.
- Develop application training specific to instructional content for traditional classroom, virtual classroom, and web-based training media.
- Participate in the needs assessment, design and development of product and role specific curriculum road maps incorporating high-level designs.
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts in planning and scoping requirements for curricula.
- Function on Learning and Development team as well as independently in design, development and testing of instructional materials.
- Review and test revised curriculum offerings from other team members, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Develop course descriptions and related course-specific marketing documents and tools.
- Contribute to storyboarding, authoring and development of eLearning content and blended learning solutions.
- Work closely with internal employees to implement and maintain learning programs.
- Provide reporting to management of training progression and completion, student usage, and instructor-led training completions.
- Attend appropriate conferences and seminars to maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of new instructional software and pedagogical techniques.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in related instructional content, development or delivery field, or equivalent industry experience or certification.
- Minimum of 5 years in the learning and development industry.
- Experience working with classroom instruction, virtual classroom, web-based training, and blended learning programs including synchronous and asynchronous delivery methods.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal skills for the purpose of documentation development, curriculum development, editing and communication.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System.
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Highly motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching and supervision.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application including Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher particularly as used in the development of instructional content.
- Experience working with eLearning development tools.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top