Human Resource Business Partner
- Oakville, Canada
Overview of Position:
HUB International is growing and we have a new opportunity for a strategic results and people oriented Human Resource Business Partner. The ideal candidate will be a true strategic partner and team player with strong influencing and relationship building skills. He/she is agile, resilient and a lifelong learner who seeks solutions that drive sustainable business results. This position is responsible for supporting business growth and implementing HR strategy in assigned client groups and supporting our people goals. This role is based in either Oakville or Toronto and will involve travel to various offices across in Ontario.
Overview of Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a business partner to client groups on a broad range of organizational issues to the business. Key responsibilities include:
Develops strong relationships with managers and employees in assigned client groups. Anticipate business needs and provide realistic solutions aligned with business and people objectives.
- Provides guidance and consultation to employees and hiring managers throughout the full life cycle of recruitment
- Provides full life cycle recruitment services for all position levels through in-take meetings, sourcing, pre-screening and presenting recommended qualified candidates for interviews, including coordinating interviews, administrating any required assessments, generating offer letters and facilitating standard background checks.
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies to develop qualified pipeline candidates various lines of business
- Support the implementation of HR projects related to our strategic people plan by engaging HR colleagues, business leaders and employees to achieve buy in and support.
- Leverage human resource acumen and practical experience to support change initiatives for the client group, including communications and change management deliverables.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to managers and employees on human resources and organizational issues.
- Partner with managers to assess the effectiveness of career development, retention, and talent management strategies.
- Provides support around workforce planning, onboarding talent, performance management, investigations, job changes etc.
- Work with managers to facilitate a performance driven culture with a focus on talent management, coaching and mentoring and developing high potential employees.
- Educate and advise managers and employees around HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to develop proactive strategies to attract key talent.
- Promote and support HUB's efforts around a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure that the interests of colleagues and the organization are considered in compliance with HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations i.e. ESA and Human Rights Code.
- Flexible with travel to other office locations where employees reside across Canada as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business or Human Resource Management, preferably with a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) Designation or in progress
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Bilingual in English and French (verbal and written) an asset
- Good business acumen leveraged to improve talent and business outcomes
- Ability to manage and follow through on multiple, competing priorities
- Exceptional commitment to meeting client needs, with a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated track record of building effective partnerships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to achieve organizational results
- Possesses a rational, confident and mature approach to decision making
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates personal leadership and a sense of personal ownership for the success of the organization
- Strong team player who works effectively with others to solve problems and implement solutions
- Insurance industry experience an asset
- Past experience working in a matrix organization an asset
- Flexibility supporting different time zones where required
- Strong proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity - doing things right every time
Teamwork - working together to maximize results
Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
By joining HUB, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers opportunities for growth and development. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Department Human Resources
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Back to top