HRIS Analyst - Payroll and Benefits
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
Overview of Position:
The primary focus of the HRIS Analyst - Payroll & Benefits is to development, implement, and refine our enterprise human resources software with a focus on supporting our Payroll and Benefit modules. These systems ensure HR business and operational effectiveness. This position is hands-on and requires strong knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Workday (specifically) and experience with payroll, benefits, and reporting configuration. This role will also serve as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and subject matter expert ensuring operational effectiveness, data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include:
Subject Matter Expert
- Provide payroll and benefit system support for HRIS system (Workday)
- Evaluate, build and maintain all elements related to payroll functionality, including but not limited to pay components, pay component groups, ledger accounts, related pay calculations, period schedules, pay groups
- Evaluate, build and maintain all elements related to benefit functionality, including but limited to benefit plan setup, passive events, eligibility rules
- Assists in reviewing and troubleshooting CCB and EIB integration issues between both internal systems and third party clients
- Partner with internal departments and third party clients to complete cross functionality testing and auditing
- Evaluates, analyzes, designs, and maintains the company Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Provide periodic metrics for HR functional departments, with ability to create ad-hoc reporting
- Support ad-hoc reporting requests across the organization
- Assists in identifying new HR needs and the software products with a focus on data and analytics
- Provide support for all HR applications and systems (HCM, ATS, LMS, performance management, onboarding software)
- Responsible for driving innovation and process improvement to support long term human resources business goals and process improvement
- Identify areas for improvement in our data, reporting, processes and systems
- Document standard processes/procedures; create user guides and checklists for functional practitioners
- Participate in the testing and implementation of all system upgrades and rollout of new features; coordinate all user testing and parallel run activities
- Serve as help desk for HRIS requests (detect, troubleshoot and resolve issues)
- Providing technical support and serving as a subject matter expert to educate system end users on how to navigate and use the system, as needed.
- Developing and maintaining process documentation.
- Training new system users as well as developing user procedures, job aids, guidelines and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline (e.g., Information Systems, Human Resources, or Business) is required
- 5 years of relevant experience in an HRIS analyst role, Human Resources, or in a similar/equivalent position with a focus on reporting and analysis
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to collect and analyze data and present findings
- Experience providing reporting and audit process development
- Knowledge of Workday HCM required; experience with timekeeping (Kronos) and other applicant tracking or HCM systems a plus
- Excellent communication skills are keys for this role, as this role will frequently interact with varying levels of leadership and will need to evaluate the expressed and un-expressed needs for proper requirements.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to maintain a professional, friendly demeanor at all times
- Solution oriented
- Solid business acumen
- Critical thinking skills and being able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Solid ability in identifying and resolving problems in a timely, effective manner
- Insurance industry experience an asset
- Experience with change management a plus
- Ability to travel (10%)
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 7-Aug-2018
Department: Human Resources
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top