Health & Performance Consultant
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
This role will provide wellbeing program consultation & planning for clients in the Central Region for HUB International. Clients will include mid-size (minimum 51 employees) to large/complex organizations. Client consultation will include the creation & execution of wellness plans, development of multi-year wellbeing strategies, goal development, client data evaluation, wellness compliance knowledge & guidance, incentive strategy development, and knowledge & recommendation(s) of appropriate carrier and vendor solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and strategic consultation for Hub clients pursuing health & performance.
- Manage client program details, contacts, wellness funds, and client information
- Develop relationships with local team & understand their client's needs.
- Identify, research, and recommend wellness program options for clients to address specific population health needs.
- Develop and present wellness presentations, including the business case for wellness, to clients, including the C-Suite.
- Lead clients in developing wellness goals, programs and initiatives ranging from just getting started to complex comprehensive program design(s).
- Develop short and long term wellness strategic plans that are integrated with benefits strategy/design.
- Apply industry, as well as, HUB's health & performance best practices, standards, preferred partners, and communication templates as appropriate.
- Analyze data results from initiatives such as Health Assessments and biometric screenings, develop executive summary, and determine appropriate next steps to best address the client's key objectives.
- Implement, execute and manage each client's wellness initiatives. Includes leading Wellness Committee's as needed.
- Effectively partner with all HUB International health & performance professionals
- Work closely and align with other HUB International specialty practices such as data analytics, communications, and marketing.
- Develop, maintain and grow both client and community relationships. Speak at conferences and seminars about HUB International's Health & Performance philosophy and industry trends.
- Stay current with wellness legalities, industry trends and emerging best practices.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Relationship building - both with internal teammates/clients and externally with clients, vendors and community partners.
- Communication - Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak in front of groups.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions.
- Decision making - Ability to quickly and thoroughly assess a situation or opportunity, make a decision and how to move forward and then execute on it.
- Project and Vendor Management - Able to plan and be organized. Develop and manage project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time. Strong execution skills
- Analytical Skills - Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Solutions Oriented - Ability to identify possible alternatives and present best options/recommendations to client.
- Productivity - Able to handle high volume of work, multi-task and change priorities quickly
Education and/or Experience: BA/BS degree from accredited college or university is preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience working in employee benefits, employee benefits consulting, and/or health care management. A background in employee benefits is preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, benefit summaries, bid specifications, legislation and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence clearly and without grammatical errors. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Skills: Knowledge of underwriting principles along with a financial skill set.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point. Knowledge and prior use of Project Management software is preferred.
There are no direct management responsibilities in this role but the individual is in a position to coach and delegate to others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
CHES and/or National Wellness Institute certification a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Attention to all recruitment agencies: HUB International does not accept agency resumes. HUB International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top